Laura Camilla Barcelona

CDG at 5 a.m. on the 20th was our first stop. Camilla, an Italian friend of mine, and I rushed to the airport in a taxi and stopped at the first coffee shop open. I had worked the day before and we were both exhausted from a weekend of celebrating or friends’ birthday. 

By 9 a.m. we had arrived in Barcelona and we jumped in a taxi to meet the rest of the family which included; dad, mom, grandfather, grandmother, brother and his wife and my two aunts. 
Once we pulled up at the hotel, we quickly had a look at each other to make sure we didn’t look too tired and hungover from the past weekend. 
Sunglasses? Check. Mint? Check. 
Finding them was the easy part as they were eating breakfast waiting for us to arrive. Brief introductions and the recaps began on months of not seeing each other. 

“How are you?” 
“What will you do now?” 
“What happened with so and so?”

After we were all quickly caught up we began to head over to Las Ramblas, one of the main promenades in Barcelona. It wasn’t long until we realized that as a group of 10, we were bound to get lost and be disorganized. We somehow managed to wind up at a wax museum near the pier in order to see Lluis Companys, my great uncle, which was followed by a scrumptious seafood paella. 

Drooling a bit? 
We then walked to the pier and after losing my sunglasses (only to realize that my mom had then all along), forgetting a suitcase at the hotel and almost missing the cut off time, we managed to all get on board before the last gate closed. 
The rest? Well, you’ll have to wait until the next post. 


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s