Time for High Tea

What happens when you and 60 other people (mainly boys) take a 12 hour bus trip to London for the weekend…?

Well, not all the details can be shared for we all took an oath to secrecy but here is what I can share:
We started off the trip by having a small get together before heading off. Drinks and snacks were offered including hot wine that we made ourselves.

We took the bus thursday afternoon (despite almost three people not being able to come with us for various reasons) at around 14h with more bottles of alcohol than there were people on the bus. We were lucky to have a bus driver who authorized everything on the bus from standing while it was moving to drinking and smoking. There were about three speakers with three different kinds of music going on at the same time and bottles being passed from the front to the back. As we started to approach the ferry at Calais, I was worried that not everyone was going to be able to pass customs because of the state they were in. 

Luckily, everyone made it. 
We eventually made it to London at around 22h and after getting everyone settled in their rooms, we went for a short trip about the neighborhood of Earls Court. Then we played music in the room but already we caused trouble as the girls next door to us (who we did not know) came to the room three times to ask us to turn down the music. 
The next day we woke up early to get metro tickets and headed towards Piccadilly for a bit of shopping. Afterwards, only two of us out of the 10 we were originally decided to go for a quick tour at the National British Museum where we saw the Rosetta Stone and a few other exhibitions. 
Afterwards we had a snack in the park nearby and proceeded to go back to the hostel for a quick nap. Later that night we went out to eat and went back to the hostel for an apero. At around 1 in the morning, the others went out while some of us (including me) stayed for we wanted to get a good nights rest for the following day. We ended up sleeping just as late as the others as we went around all the rooms trying to get them to eat the surprise jelly beans (seen on Harry Potter). I tried one that tasted like vomit! We also decided to mess with the only first year student in our room by putting left over fried chicken from KFC in his sleeping bag. Rest assured we all got a kick out of it when he came home that night and felt chicken at the end of his sleeping bag. 
The next morning we woke up at 10 in the morning and headed towards Camden Street. We didn’t get much rest the night before but the cold of the snow against our cheeks woke us up. 
Next stop was Tower Bridge and Big Ben….

Cops that have nothing to do but take pictures with tourists…
(Marzattack! stickers are put wherever we go so watch out for one near you!)
Poor unsuspecting people who were on the bridge at this time….
After combatting the cold and the snow, we went back to the hostel to fill our stomachs up with food and drinks before heading out to La Fabrique for a night of electronic music. There were about 30 of us who ended up going out together while the others went elsewhere. The night was exhausting as we struggled but finally managed to get home and slept for a maximum of two hours before getting on the bus for the trip back. Overall it was a fun filled trip but now I am going to spend a week trying to recover! 
Stay tuned for more pictures from London! 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s